Want to get the inside scoop on line producing? Dive into our hands-on workshop where you'll pick up the nitty-gritty of film budgeting and the secret sauce to scheduling—all from a seasoned pro.
What you will gain from this class:
• Learn how to break down a script, interpreting it as a series of line items and numbers, all while considering the creative vision.
• Analyze each scene's assets and extract necessary metadata to create preliminary schedules and budgets.
• Once you have the data, we will start crafting a fully departmentalized, line-itemed budget.
Other key topics covered in the class:
• Union vs Non-Union considerations
• Factors to ponder when selecting shoot locations
• Rapidly assess a script to determine its potential budget range
• In-depth analysis of expenses from each department
• Building Your Team
• Navigating Vendor Relationships
• Establishing a Film’s Infrastructure
• Post Production Processes • Unveiling real stories from the field and mastering the art of managing chaos
No prior experience is required; this series of classes is designed to educate individuals with a basic understanding of the entertainment business and elevate you to advanced.
We're talking real talk, real skills, no fluff. And for $525, you're getting 7 hours of pure, practical know-how plus a one-on-one session to get your questions answered. Sounds good?
Feb.24- 3 hours with break
Feb. 25- 3 hours with break
Dates: Start Time: 9AM PST/ 11AM CST/ 1PM EST
Plus- 1 hour private consultation with Producer Chris Debiec.
INSTRUCTOR: Producer Chris Debiec, with three decades in the entertainment business, brings his vast experience to a line producing workshop. His background includes Emmy-winning work with James Cameron's Earthship Productions, executive roles on major films like "The Crow" and Disney's "Dinosaur", A24's "The Green Knight" and was Vice President of Production at Entertainment One Television (eOne), where he spearheaded the alternative programming division overseeing the development, production, post-production, and delivery of all projects.